Another award was given to me by Ciao Chow Linda back in April, and I guarantee that if you click on this link you will want to lick the screen. Her recipes are mouthwatering.
I’m mean’t to list another ten things about myself, but you don’t have to read them.
1. Put a mozzarella in the fridge in Campania and your husband will have grounds for divorce (MEA CULPA).
2. Cherry tomatoes (piennoli) taste better in sauces after they’ve hung for several months under the eaves.
3. I like to string hot peppers together and plait my onions. No reason why vegetables shouldn’t be decorative before they are eaten.
4. I have a BIG problem with ants in summer at Positano. They come out of every crack imaginable and in a house as old as ours there are a lot. And mostly behind the kitchen cabinets. But I’m not the only one in town.
5. Sometimes I walk down the 350 steep steps to the beach just to have an iced tea with lemon granita at the bar. Then up again.
6. Figs warm from the tree are delicious for breakfast. Just ask my waist.
7. When I go out to eat, I like to order things that I don’t know how to prepare at home. It doesn’t leave much choice at Italian restaurants.
8. I’m beginning to run out of things. I found a lizard in my garlic basket once. He was watching me wash the dishes.
9. A gecko has taken up residence behind a large painting in our living room. We’ve thrown him out several time but he likes it there.
10. My husband likes to cook. He cleans and cooks the fish, which is a relief.
I’ll pass this reward on to:
Anne of Oxfordshire, a friend who surprised me with a beautiful enlargement of her strawberry flower;
a hazy moon from Australia;
Italy Tutto for her great work in grouping all Italian related sites together. You will find any blog that you are looking for here.