Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tag



My two eldest have been sick with fever over in the UK this week, but it seems that a virus has hit bloggers too. 'Tags' have been spreading all over the web. I caught my tag from The Cottage Smallholder whom I visit regularly for useful information on gardening and keeping animals on a domestic scale with an English twist.
In order to be cured, I have to abide by the following rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here goes and I've tried to be very 'off the top of my head' random and actually jotted these down on the back of an Ikea catalogue, while waiting for my son in the car:

  1. I can reach out with my hand and grab mosquitoes as they're flying. This has turned out to be very useful, as each year, in the two summer months that I am at Positano, I average a score of 120 (yes, I count them) whereas everyone else is at about 12.
  2. My hands and feet are always icy in winter so I often get chilblains. I wear woollen gloves under my gardening gloves and have an electric blanket on the bed which helps. I love to make homemade pizza in winter so I can lean against the oven for warmth.
  3. I suffer the heat in summer even more and am quite happy to sleep on the floor tiles at the terrace door on humid nights rather than toss and turn on an overheated mattress.
  4. I have only ever met one person with wall to wall carpet in his garage and that is my father (in Australia).
  5. I don't know how to type so it takes me forever to write emails and posts. My handwriting is much nicer when I hold the notebook on my lap.
  6. I decide things very much on instinct. If I like something straight away, I will always like it. If I have to stop and reflect before deciding, I am more likely to regret my choice.

It's hard to decide whom to tag, as most people have been tagged out.
I'll pick:

Salento Blog
Amid the Olive Trees

Bella Vita In Liguria
Rubber Slippers in Italy
On My Way to Work and Other Stuff
I am Dog, Hear Me Snore

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

KUDOS on your no.1 skill!
Dollyna

Saretta said...

Hi, Scintilla! I haven't been posting on Amid the Olive Trees for lack of time...but now that you've tagged me...I'll have to post! Thanks for the motivation! And for thinking of me...

Lucia said...

Yikes...I've never tagged or been tagged...lol. Well once I've done all my chores I will come back and
post. I hope you are having a wonderful day. And I love your black and white photo.

Anonymous said...

Oh I know that I've done either a 5 random things or 7 random things so I guess somebody just couldn't resist coming up with 6. :-P

I'm out of random things...errrr...well there is one that I'd just like to add right now for the heck of it.

Whenever I have plastic bags from the grocery store, I fold them lengthwise in half then half again, then starting from the bottom, fold in a corner at an angle to begin a triangular shape, and continue until the end. I can't stand stuffing them altogether somewhere.

Anonymous said...

No.1 & 4 made me laugh:)

BTW, l was reading a book last night when l came across the meaning of Scintilla (yes l thought that names familiar) it has very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Uh, typo: It is very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #6. Odd isn't it, because the opposite makes more sense.

Hope your children get better soon.

Rosa said...

Dollyna - It's a matter of getting mosquitoes before they get my youngest son. The bites swell wildly on him.

Saretta- you were quick on the ball.

Lucia - you're a regular blogger, so it won't be too hard.

Rowena- I'm a stuff them in a bag person.

Cleopantha- Scintilla is a made up user-name. It's prettier than my own.

Casalba - It could be feminine intuition. My other half is the opposite.

Cottage Smallholder said...

Really enjoyed your response to this tag! Thanks for taking the time to play.

Megan in Liguria said...

Ok, I did it and hopefully right! Buona giornata - M:)

Anonymous said...

hahaha...i agree on the fact that you take AGES to type down anything on the computer..and I'm not sick anymore:) thought I'd let evryone know just in case anyone was getting worried...:):P

徵信社 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.